I fly out of Des Moines tomorrow morning so this will be my last posting from the states - I'll see ya on the other side! :)
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Welcoming Committee
My friend, Kathy, sent me these pictures a while back and I've been thinking about them as I get ready to hop on a plane back to China. As the swine flu scare was starting to hit every country around the world, the Chinese government took prevention action. I've since heard that they are still doing this... Before any flight of people into China can get off the plane, they send in some fully-uniformed temperature-takers to test everyone on the plane for fevers. If you've got one, into quarantine you go! I've been quarantined once before in my life but that was in the comfort of my own home and I'd really like to get back to my Tianjin apartment and not have to sit in a hotel for a week upon arrival. If you could send up some prayers about an uneventful trip back into China for me, I'd really appreciate it!


I fly out of Des Moines tomorrow morning so this will be my last posting from the states - I'll see ya on the other side! :)
I fly out of Des Moines tomorrow morning so this will be my last posting from the states - I'll see ya on the other side! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha...oh my goodness..what crazy suits! We've had a few scares at my college cafeteria that involved gloves and cough masks, but not quite as cool as those full body suits!
Post a Comment