Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I Done Got Certified

Since I am moving into the private school sector as a teacher this next year, it was required for me to get some actual teaching training. Unbelievable! :) So, in July I signed up for a Teaching English as a Second (Foreign) Language (TESL/TEFL) course online and got started. The course covered things like: classroom management, lesson planning, teaching vocabulary, grammar, reading, writing, speaking, listening, the phonology and history of English, the role of the ESL teacher and using visual aids and culture to enhance lessons. The course has 13 modules with quizzes at the end of each section and after the quiz there are two essays or lesson plans that must be written. I definitely think that my teaching experience made this course a breeze for me and I finished the course with a 98%! The worst module was the one about teaching grammar, it was so hard! But, it ended up being the most useful module as well. It only took me about one month to finish the course, and I moved along at a very leisurely pace. If you're interested in the course, you can check out www.teflonline.com.

No comments: