Why is it that my brain cannot hold more than one language, aside from English? I mean, why is it that I learned Spanish in high school and college and became fairly fluent but now I can't remember a word when it's actually needed! But even more confusing is this...in my Chinese lessons, anytime I can't think of the Chinese word, the Spanish word pops out of my mouth. So, apparently the Spanish is still in there somewhere, right? So please explain to me...when I meet with the new Colombian guy on campus because rumor is that "Shannon knows Spanish!" my language is a befuddled mess! I can hear and understand his Spanish but anytime I open my mouth to respond, the Chinese comes skipping happily out. Not only this, but I lose all ability to speak English, too! Now, I hope you can see my predicament - when I want to speak Chinese, I get Spanish or English. When I want to speak Spanish, I only get Chinese! AHHHHH! HELP!
Oh, and by the way, the powers that be in China decided that blogspot.com is not a worthy website to allow people to see so it's been blocked. I found a temporary way around it but if you don't hear from me as much, please know that I'm here but am trapped behind a...great...fire...wall...
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
funny girl.
Yep, my last two weeks have been filled with Germlish-containing sentences. It's confusing!
Post a Comment