Between Emily, Matt and Kathy almost 2,000 photos were taken during their 10 day visit! Here is a just a brief look into some of them - a photo extravaganza!
Flowers in bloom on my street. Yay, Spring is here! (And has pretty much already gone...)
Matt and I are thinking about the good ole' days. My students were shocked to find out that the four of us have known each other for so long - nearly 22 years!
This is the line that stretched around the "MAOsoleum" as I call it - the building at Tian 'an men Square where Mao's body lies. Thousands of people were waiting for just a brief glance.
Outside the Forbidden City.
At the city wall in Xi'an.
Matt and I on a bicycle built for two! We had some issues at first...mostly with me not being able to control the bike! Our lives nearly ended as we went up a ramp, wobbling like crazy! In the end... Ramp 1, Us 0.
Sorry Matt and Em...just had to include this one - it's one of my favorites!
The Drum and Bell Tower in Xi'an at night.
Visiting the Queen's bathhouse - a huge park with hot springs. Not too shabby!
I heart them. :)
Matt and I feeling contemplative.
I had to take some horrid medicine for my SARS...I mean, cough... Making this face was the only way it would go down!
The best massage ever...
Emily wanted to see a Peking Opera show so off we went! It was the first one I've been to and I'm going to be confident here and say, the last! We didn't understand anything, OBVIOUSLY, so we made up stories about the plot. Emily's involved something about stolen chopsticks and a magical, talking tree...right, Em...
An amazing shot at the Great Wall.
1 comment:
Love it!
Post a Comment