The first picture is of Kaho, she is such a delight! Tutoring her is so fun and she is such a good student! She's more of a perfectionist than me (I know, hard to imagine...) and she is constantly correcting her own reading and writing...the perfect student! Not only that, but she's also adorable!

Tiger is my new student and we've just met 3 times so far. I meet with him for an hour and a half, two times a week and for any of you who know a 10 year-old boy, I am sure that you can imagine what pure torture it is for him to sit still practicing English for that long! During our first lesson, he had pushed his chair away from the desk after just 30 minutes and began doing tai chi (similar to kung fu) moves while I tried to keep his focus! Also, his English is not so good so my Chinese is getting a lot of practice...it's nice because we are at about the same level! He talks slowly and uses words that I understand, hahaha. I also found out recently that he's an artist! See the pictures below...

In one of his workbooks, Tiger had to draw a picture of himself and 15 minutes later this is what he came up with: a warrior. :) After I took this picture he also added a cape, fire shooting from his shoes to make him fly, and a sneering grin...creative mind. When we flipped the page and saw that he needed to draw a picture of his teacher, I cringed! He went easy on me, though. :)

It's been really fun for me to work with kids again...it's one of my passions and it helps me on those days when I miss my niece or my FLC kids sooooo much!!
1 comment:
Let's see the picture he drew of you!
Post a Comment