Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sister Act

I am feeling overwhelmed by the thousands (literally) of pictures that are looming on my computer, each group tucked into it's own identifiable pocket, left behind as my family and friends return to the U.S. I am also feeling overwhelmed that Tianjin chapter, "May Madness" is officially closed. With this being said, I am unable to concentrate enough to pick out any specific thing to write about among the hundreds of amazing experiences during this past month so I'll just dedicate this blog to some fun memories. For those of you familiar with the Ingleby girls, you will know that we can hardly take a serious picture - ever. We must get this from our aunt (yeah, you know the one...) but no matter where it comes from we always end up with some...we'll say interesting photos! We got some good ones during this trip, also including our honorary sister, Beth who came along - she's so brave!! :) I hope you enjoy some of our pictures...and I hope my sisters don't hate me for this blog!!

Our mom was going in for the "take a picture from the ground and make your children look like giants" shot but we bested her by crouching down! Ha...who looks silly now?!?!

Remember Si Wen and Echo? They joined us in this airborne picture - and, no, this was not our first attempt!

Just call her Ninja Beth! And I'm the trusty sidekick!

Laura is "invading."

Ladies in Waiting - this room was where young girls stayed until they got married. Or at least that's what someone told us, but I think they were making it up... Nevertheless, we wait.

Laura caught me in the squatty potty...darn those short walls!

Laura and I were told to sit on the lion and stick our tongues out...we do as we are told.

I can't believe I missed this! Lindsey and Laura are acting out the "pulling out your heart" scene from Indiana Jones - with a piece of dragon fruit.

Still can't figure out what was going on here....

Possibly my favorite from the trip!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Where did you find such a nice looking squatty potty? Flowers and everything! I know I haven't commented much, but I really enjoy reading your blog and hearing about your China adventure :-)

Anonymous said...

Shan,
I love reading your blog. Thanks for the great pictures...it was wonderful to see all of you!
Love,
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Cute blog, Shan. Thanks again for the great trip!

Joyce~ said...

i also love your favorite picture very much~~so cute

MeesheMama said...

The jumping one. Now that's a picture!

I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your family.