Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Game 2: U.S.A. WINS!

We went to our second FIFA World Cup game on Saturday night...U.S.A. vs. England and the U.S. won 3-0! It was so exciting...our group consisted of a bunch of Americans and a few very loud Englanders. Needless to say, we were louder! It was a good game - although not as packed as the China game. Some of the American boys came with their chests and backs painted...yep, no matter what country you put them in, American boys will still paint themselves for sporting events! Ha! :) I took a better picture of the stadium so am posting that, as well as a picture with my friend Cindy (she's the one that I knew from a previous trip to China) and one with my friend, Chuck.



I leave for Shanghai and Hangzhou (where I studied abroad in 2003) on Friday and will be there for 6 days visiting some friends so I will have much to report on after that! Thanks for reading! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should paint your front and back too to really cheer for the Americans. I would do it if only I were there.

Love you!

Marcy said...

You are so cool. You are going everywhere, doing everything, and seeing everyone! I wish I was there!!

Have a fun, safe trip.

IYQ

Anonymous said...

WOW Shannoni! It's so cooool that you're getting to see all this international competition -- I just have one question for you: do you really enjoy soccer or do you just go to see the 'painted boys'? oops, I guess that's two questions.....