I made it to Hong Kong! I arrived in the middle of a typhoon warning although I was totally unaware...I guess after the 15 hour flight, the turbulence just seemed like a dillusion! :) Now I am in Hong Kong at orientation and am really loving it! There are about 20 of us here and 8 of them are traveling on to Tianjin with me. We are adjusting to the jet lag, learning a ton about each other and China, having lots of laughs, and generally really enjoying it! Many of the people here are from the U.K. so we have had several "debates" over language. For example, we had Jello one day and they were insistent that it is called "jelly." Of course I had to argue and say, "No this is definitley a Jello jiggler," which started a whole new topic on explaining what Jello jigglers are! Luckily, it didn't get to the point where I had to act out the commercials! :)
I am going to keep this short and post some pictures when I can get the internet on my laptop - we are staying on the side of a mountain at a retreat center here in HK and I've taken some good shots! I hope you are all well - I think of you often!
Monday, August 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
So glad to hear you made it safely to Hong Kong. WOW!! 15 hr flight-UGH. Have a wonderful time and GB.
Stacy Johnson
It's good to hear from you! I was thinking about you and that flight!
I can't wait to see pictures.
Ashley
I'm so glad to hear you are already getting to know people who are going to be with you for such an amazing year! I'm sure you're already wooing them with your ultimate coolness!
How was the view over the arctic? Or were you sleeping?
Nicholas, Natalie and I send you our very best wishes. They asked me if you're EVER coming back again. Keeping this blog will help all of us who will miss you, even the little "peeps". GBY Darcy D.
Post a Comment