Friday, August 31, 2007

Bus 619

Life in China....Sometimes things like this happen:
Two days ago my friend, Natalie, and I went to get her a bus pass and we were told that to do this we would just need to get on a bus and take it to the end of its route. So, we hoped on bus 619 and away we went. About an hour later we decided that we probably shouldn't be leaving Tianjin, which we were, so we got off the bus and took a 45 minute taxi ride back to our campuses. The next day we attempted again and found the end of a route within 15 minutes....guess next time we'll ask which route is the best to take!
I start teaching on Monday so I'm sure I'll have more stories then.
Zai Jian! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so relaxed stretched out on that rug. We're hearing lots about your adventures from Diane - and we're taking care of her just fine. Started exercise class this week - still moving ok :) I'm looking forward to going to Philly and see Lindsay's place and everything else. Take care.

Bev Worden

Anonymous said...

Your bus story reminded me of a bus story in Singapore. My son was quite new to riding the buses there so he called home to find out what bus number to take for home from downtown. He never came and never came home but finally called from the Singapore Zoo (way north on the island). He had gotten on the correct bus number but boarded on the wrong side of the road (didn't realize it made a big difference what direction the bus route was going-depending on what side of the road you boarded)! He ended up taking a taxi home...we still laugh about this many hour adventure!