Monday, August 6, 2007

3 Days

Well, 3 days left until I dig my hole to China! I am so excited right now - the adventurous side of me can't wait to get there! It has been sad saying "see ya later" to family and friends but I feel so fortunate that so many people are supportive as I embark on this journey...thanks to everyone who has called, written, given hugs and wished me a good and safe journey! You'll all be going with me as you are a big part of my life - so many of you have encouraged me along the way and I know that I would not be strong enough to take this leap of faith were it not for you.
So...details...I fly out of Chicago on Thursday at, hmmmm....I'll have to find out what time, with a 15 hour direct flight to Hong Kong. A pilot friend of mine told me that the route we're taking is a Polar route meaning we go up and over, rather than around the globe. He said that if it's a clear day there will be an awesome view so I'm looking forward to that! Who knows...maybe I'll spot Santa! :) I'll be in Hong Kong for 5 days of orientation, then will be traveling by train (24 hours!!) to Beijing, then onto Tianjin. For those of you who have not traveled by train in China before - I'll be sure to bring some extra dust and dirt back with me for you...trust me, there will be plenty. :)
I'm going to hopefully be posting on here at least once a week while I'm gone and will add my address/phone number in China as soon as I get it...feel free to check anytime and leave comments! I'll try to include more pics after I get there so you won't have to read my ramblings like you are right now!!
I will miss you this next year - please keep in touch and know that you are always welcome at my new home in China!!!
Shannon :)

10 comments:

Marcie said...

Hi Shannon, What a great Blog! I put your blog address on my start-up menu so I can just click on it anytime and see how you are doing.
Peace and love, Sister,
Marcie

Anonymous said...

Shanny,

I will miss you more than you will know. Have a great time and know that my pennies are quickly adding up to visit. :) Happy trails to you.

Love, AmyA

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
We will certainly miss you, but we wish you all the best at this exciting time of your life. This is what Carpe Diem is all about. Gogettemtiger.

Doug

Ashley said...

Hey Shan-
The blog looks great! I am looking forward to hearing all about your journey!
Love,
Ashley

PORTSIDER said...

Sweet blog title. You're set to become part of a special group with your new profession. Awesome blog presentation - I look forward to your postings!

LJ

Anonymous said...

You are such an awesome role model, Shannon...helping others, going after your dreams, and still making time to keep in touch with friends half-way around the world. We are so lucky you were able to influence our children as long as you have at FLC! Looking forward to the first blog from China!

Anonymous said...

A wise woman once told me
love "doG" / love people // nothing else matters.

Keep on loving.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon! I am looking forward to hearing all about your adventures in China. Best wishes to you!
love,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Looks like I'm going to miss you by 1/2 a day!!! I'm in Chicago right now (at my cousins) and am coming home tomorrow evening. SHOOT!!!

Who knows though- maybe a trip to China is in my future!!

Have a great time- be safe! Miss you!

Emily J.

Anonymous said...

Shanny,
Waiting for word that you arrived safely. We're thinking of you!