With the beginning of a new semester comes a whole new slew of English names to learn, memorize and wonder about... Here are some of my favorites from this semester!
Girls with Boy English Names (or Spelling):
Jones
Eddy
Andy
Randy
Musical English Names:
Mozart
Bell
Violin
Nature English Names:
Fox
Fly
Maple
Kitty
Beryl
Sky
Non-English English Names: (All comments compliments of my friend, Natalie, who has an amazingly quick mind and sense of humor!)
Mignon (French, as in Filet... or Quasimodo's younger brother)
Ejong (an online gaming website for old Chinese ladies who have a penchant for gambling away their pensions)
Yuria (a Yugoslavian man who REALLY wanted a boy but got a girl and couldn't be bothered to pick out another name)
Cecily (a very prim and proper girl growing up in the early 1900's on an expensive British estate...or an Italian city)
Sidonia (the anti-Narnia)
Zenobia (a lesser known African nation...or a new brand name prescription antidepressant)
Rogick (a medieval stable boy, none to bright and shabbily dressed)
Ferruccio (a stinky, Italian cheese...or Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's tag-a-long loser courtier cousin in Hamlet)
Lasia (biracial child of a Mexican and Japanese couple)
Conversation English Names:
Sure... "Are you sure?" "Yes, I'm Sure."
Fine... "Is anything bothering you?" "No, I'm Fine!"
Repetitive English Names:
Coco
Lulu
Nana
Zodiac English Name:
Gemini
The Coolest Name Ever English Name:
Shannon! Yep, I've got my first Shannon this year...woo hoo!!
Now, I need to start memorizing as the wondering continues...
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment