Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Moment to Laugh

HAHAHA, I'm absolutely DYING of laughter right now...tears streaming down my face! I was going to leave the previous blog up for several days just to see the reaction but when I checked my e-mail this morning to find 26 new messages...yes, 26 new messages (at least 3 from my mom!)...AND noticed my Facebook wall with a lot of questions that are no doubt going to lead to more questions, I decided that I just couldn't keep the charade up for much longer without sending someone into heart convulsions. The result, I've found, is that you ARE all still out there checking my blog...I feel loved! :)

Now for the highly anticipated explanation (I can't stop giggling...it's uncontrollable at this point...) - I am NOT married, I repeat, NOT MARRIED and NOT planning a wedding. I am, however, in a wedding dress with professional make-up and hair.

The story: A few days ago my friend, Allison, invited me to a bridal shop that her friend just opened in Tianjin. I thought we were just going to look around but as soon as I got there (after graciously accepting many exclamations of, "she's so beautiful!" from the owners) I found myself sitting casually in a wedding dress getting gobs of make-up applied to my face. The hairstyling was up next and in case any of you are wondering how I got that beehive on the top of my head... There is a very black, very curly wig pinned to the back of my head and after an extensive amount of 'ratting,' my hair was pulled back over the top of the wig to cover it...hence the princess look, or as Allison proudly proclaimed, "You look like Barbie!" Gross. I was also told throughout the evening that I look like Gwenyth Paltrow, Renee Zellweger, and Nicole Kidman...not bad! :) When the look was complete I suppose you could say I had my 'modeling debut.' They took a TON of pictures!

After the Western wedding look, they decided to try a traditional Chinese look on me. So, I changed into a snug qipao, a traditional Chinese dress. And when I say snug, I mean 'unable to expand my lungs properly in order to breathe' snug. I also mean 'unable to walk up stairs in a normal human fashion' snug. You could also say that it was 'unable to sit in a chair or stand back up again without Allison pulling me due to inabilitiy of bending the legs' snug. Snug. They pulled the very black, very curly wig out and then started a new hair-do. This one, I must say, was AWESOME. (No sarcasm...really, it was awesome.) I ended up with a very traditional "wave" hairstyle from 1930's Shanghai era...check out the pics below! I still cannot believe that my hair, MY hair could do this but I suppose with enough hairspray one's hair can do most anything! Afterwards, more pics and more attempts at standing and sitting (remember the inability to bend my legs...)

I was told that these pictures would used on their bridal website as advertising...wow! If I get the website, I will post it so you can see - they have much better pictures than the ones that Allison was snapping with my camera. When I got home, I just couldn't resist the temptation to post the wedding pics to freak all of you out! Hahaha...and it worked! I would say that I'm sorry but it was just too funny...no hard feelings, right?? :)

Check out the qipao pictures below...and the hair!



Thanks for being such GOOD sports!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, that hair is amaaaazing! You should wear it that way every day!

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing now. it's really funny to know your friends and your mum's reaction.You little cutey. July