Thursday, October 9, 2008

Warning! PG-13 Material Included Below!


When I was in college my friend, Amy, would commonly ask us during dinner what our "Chutes and Ladders" were for the day. This just meant that we were supposed to tell the worst part of our day and then the highlight of our day. I was thinking about this in light of the week-long holiday we just had and so I asked my classes this week what their "Chutes and Ladders" were from the holiday. I am teaching some very eager, very excited freshmen this semester which is a lot of fun but in one of my classes, I got quite the shock! Apparently, the word "chute" is not an easy one for Chinese students to pronounce. As I called on one student to answer the question, she tried desperately to voice her thoughts and to say them correctly. Many times students will stutter and repeat words over and over again until they have their bearings. This is what came out...

"My ladder from the holiday was going home and talking to my best friends from high school. We chatted about our college life. My Sh*$, hmm...my sh*@, uh...my sh#%, my sh*! from the holiday was..."

I have no clue how she finished, I was just trying so hard to not bust a gut right there in front of the class! She would have had no clue what I was even laughing about!! :) Oh, my job is so funny sometimes...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tee hee! =)

Anonymous said...

Next time Jason wants to play this game, he'll have no idea why I'm laughing :)