The main issue, as mentioned, was my apartment! I left several basic necessity items in my apartment for the next teacher - not realizing that next teacher would be me! When I came in, it was completely cleared out...down to the last hanger! I was disappointed but I went out and started buying things I needed again and eventually, some of the items that were gone magically reappeared...
Christina came over to help me give my apartment a "new look" for my new year. We spent a loooong time moving the furniture around my living room. The problem, we found, is that most of the furniture in my living room (with the exception of my very fashionable couch :) is ugly, un-matching, and outdated. So, trying to arrange a room and hide all of the ugly furniture was...is impossible!!


We finally found a set-up that will work just fine. :)
Yesterday was my first day of teaching and so far, it seems to be going very well. These next 5 weeks will be especially busy as I am required to make-up the 3 weeks of classes that I missed at the beginning of the semester...don't ask...
The really good thing is that the school finally granted me my wish of teaching some oral English instead of all writing so this semester I have 3 oral classes and 3 writing! YAY! My oral classes are freshmen, which is quite the new experience!! For many of them, I am the very first native English speaking teacher they have ever had! Today, in our first class they were taking pictures of me (kinda weird in the middle of class....) and rushing up to me at the end of class to get my phone number. I was overwhelmed and told them that I don't give my number out to students...hahaha, not entirely true!! Hopefully their eagerness will subside a bit as they get used to me.
Be sure to stay tuned in the next few days...the 2nd edition of "The Name Game" is coming soon! And I can tell you, I have got some REAL doozies!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment