
After dinner the cupcakes came out and the birthday group was sung to. In this picture, please take note of Zhou Jun, who is sitting next to me, and also the expression on my face. As we were told to blow out our candles, I hesitated for once second and in that second Zhou Jun blew out my candle before blowing out his. Hahaha...see the joy on his face?!?! Also pictured are Joel and Beth.

With our full tummies we went out into the sticky, stuffy humid weather and walked to a park nearby. This park is the gathering place in Tianjin for tons of people, especially in the evening. Usually there is spontaneous dance, roller blading, kite flying, Taiji (martial arts), and countless other surprises happening all around a huge square. Last night we stumbled upon the biggest exercise class I've ever seen. I am not exaggerating to say that there were 300+ people gathered on the square moving and shaking to some very annoying techo music. We waded through the people and eventually, of course, we joined in - for about 30 seconds and then the attention became too much to handle. See Natalie and Cindy dancin' it up below.

One thing we noted about the dancing was that there seemed to be no requisites in dress for this event...in fact, one girl was wearing tiny white high-heeled shoes and a skirt! I made a comment that you would only catch me in those shoes at a wedding, yet here she was exercising in the park!!

These last pictures were not part of the birthday bash but I felt it necessary to include them in order for me to redeem myself! Several months ago I posted after I had made some hideously ugly dumplings. I gained my 'face' back this weekend as I made dumplings again and actually had (a few) good ones!!

No comments:
Post a Comment