Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rocco's Story


Rocco is probably about 3 months old and 3 weeks ago he was found outside by a family in my organization. Someone had a made a leash and tied it around him, then wedged the leash beneath the tire of a bus. When he was found, Rocco was crouching behind the tire of the bus; luckily it had not started moving yet. My friends said that they were looking at Rocco and the bus driver came out and asked them what they were looking at, to which they responded "your dog." He said it wasn't his dog and that if this family didn't take it, he wouldn't be responsible for what happened to the puppy. The two likely scenarios were...he would be hit by a car or taken to a restaurant where he would eventually become, well, a "specialty." Needless to say, they brought him home and just a few weeks later realized that they needed to do some traveling within China...so now Rocco is with me! I am the official puppy-sitter and he's staying at my apartment for about 5 days. He is a cute little ball full o' energy! Compared to my cat back home, I am realizing just how high maintenance puppies are! He is pretty much always at my heels wherever I go and he's just reached the "chew on everything within the vicinity of the mouth" stage. The best part about having Rocco around is when I get back to my apartment after being gone for a while - he's just so happy to see me! I guess that makes up for the bursts of energy around 4 a.m. I'll let you know if I make it through 3 more sleepless nights! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cute! =)