One of my classes has lovingly given me the nickname, "the walking dictionary" and they think it's just hilarious to refer to me as that - they'd rather ask me what words mean than finding out on their own. Apparently this nickname has spread to my other classes and so now they hound me with the strangest questions! Recently I've had a load of questions come in the form of text messages...how would you answer these!?!?!

"How much is a zillion? There are two zeros between a million and a billion, and so it is with a billion and a trillion. So does it mean there are two zeros between a trillion and a zillion?" ~Sarah
Imagine typing that in a text message!
Also from Sarah, "Do you place an angle (angel) or a star on the top of a Christmas tree? Because I was watching 'Sex and the City' and they placed an angle (angel) but a girl in our class said you place a star. Which one is it?"

"Would you please tell me what rhetorical device is employed in 'more haste, less speed?'" ~Eva
Thank you Google for helping me out with this one!!

And, the most confusing one yet...
"I read an electric panel heater instruction, but I am puzzled by this group of words: spot plus range. What does this mean?" ~Jackle
HUH?
1 comment:
lol this one gave me a good chuckle!! Thanks Shan! :D
Post a Comment