Friday, December 10, 2010

If You Are a Dreamer

"If you are a dreamer, come in.
If you are a dreamer, a wisher, a liar, a hoper,
a prayer, a magic bean-buyer.
If you're a pretender, come sit by my fire,
for we have some flax-golden tales to spin.
Come in! Come in!"
*Shel Silverstein


I suppose the last two months of my life could be described as being full of invitations, hopes, prayers, dreams and even some tales by the fire. Its been up, down, around and around, inside-out and flippity-flopped. Life has been here, there, over, under and sometimes its been hard to see where the sidewalk ends. But Silverstein's advice is wise and Haike and I decided to follow it, through this nearly year-long visa process, to "walk with a walk that is measured and slow" and we made it - we reached "the place where the sidewalk ends." At least this particular sidewalk...for now...

You know, writing these blogs over the past three+ years has been therapeutic for me...a communication piece, an internal dialogue to reflect on experiences I've had, lessons I've learned and I plan on continuing the dialogue by writing here - some insights from things that happened while I was still in China and some new thoughts and feelings from being back in my home country with my Chinese husband...the U.S. through his eyes and my now-adjusted-to-be-clearer-than-ever-before eyes. The journey for us has just begun and I hope to share this "new adventure" with all of you.

Come in! Come in!

No comments: