Wednesday, October 13, 2010

About Intercultural Marriage

My friend, Cindy, just started a new blog series that focuses on intercultural marriage and the many different facets of this unique relationship. Cindy grew up in Taiwan but went to an international school. She then went to college and grad school in the states where she met her American husband. She holds an Australian passport (long story...) She lived in China for 5 years and now lives back in Taiwan with her husband and two kids. She is possibly the only person I know who can exist and thrive in two different cultures - not just with the language but with the deep understanding of the culture. She has a ton to share with couples who are in the same situation, ie: me and Haike!! If you're interested, be sure to check out her blog...she already has three posts on this topic!

http://brandtsx4.blogspot.com/

I need to do some major blog updating over the next few weeks: trip to Hangzhou for a P.O.S.H. grand opening for an even posher(?) antique store, a visit from Natalie - you may remember her from my first year in Tianjin, where in the world are Shannon and Haike planning to be this next year and, at the end of the month, a visit from my dad! Exciting stuff!

1 comment:

riqq said...

Hey there,

First of all, congratulations on your recent nuptials. I’ve just spent far too much time browsing through your blog. At first, I was just kinda interested in a couple of your posts but it wasn’t long before I felt compelled to start reading your blog from the beginning to get a more complete picture of your experiences in China. Indeed, the story of your journey has been an interesting and rather addictive one. (-: I think it’s great that you’ve chosen this path, and by that I don’t mean that it’s great that you’ve chosen to go to China specifically but that it’s great that you’ve chosen to venture out of your comfort zone – and things seem to have all worked out for you just fine! I hope things continue to go well for you.