Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Daydream Believer (6a)

7:00 AM - I'm up. I'm out of bed. I'm waking Laura up. It's here! Today has finally come! Let's go downstairs!

7:20 AM - I reach the breakfast area to find some others already awake. Miao, my wedding planner, is the first one to greet me. "Let's go to the site for today...it rained yesterday and we need a rain plan for today!" We walk to the area where our ceremony and reception are planned to be - both outdoors. I hmm and haw about what to do. A second, third, fourth, tenth opinion is needed.

7:40 AM - I join several others for breakfast and people keep coming - I guess I'm not the only one who can't sleep in today! But what about Haike? No signs of him yet... At breakfast I recruit everyone to help me - where to have the ceremony? Reception? Outside - trust that it won't rain? Or move it inside to be on the safe side?

8:15 AM - Another trip to the ceremony and reception site, this time with about eight others so that we can put our heads together. We look at two different options for moving inside. I decide - I want the ceremony outside, come rain or shine. Let's move the reception in - no bugs, air conditioning and protection if it does rain. (It didn't, by the way, but moving the reception inside was still the best idea - it was perfect!)

8:45 AM - WHERE is Haike? Still sleeping? Emilie hatches an idea. "Lets wake Haike up and throw him in the pool! We'll tell him it's an American tradition!" We all agree! Zhao Bin goes to find a sleepy Haike and as soon as he emerges he is hoisted up and carried to the pool - he didn't fight it, just said, "No! No! No!" the whole way. Kristi reminds me...check his pockets! Get his phone! Close call. Haike goes in. I go in with no struggle...it's my destiny. Emilie goes in - her idea, it can't be avoided! Next, willingly and not being thrown, come my mom, Dietrich and Laura. Fully clothed party in the pool! :)







9:00 AM - The bridesmaids and the moms go to find the Thai "hair artist" who will do their hair for the day. I fill Haike in on the change of plans for the reception, then join the hair party.





11:00 AM - Those who have finished their hair come to my room and Emilie, assisted by Beth, gets started on my hair. Miao enters the room in 20 minute intervals, checking on the progress. She starts to get worried when she thinks we're running out of time - no need to worry - we're right on schedule! :) Before we start my hair, though, Emilie shows me videos from my college roommates, the sisters who know me better than anyone in the world, who couldn't be there. Em and I have a sob-fest and the day continues with love filling my heart. Thank you ladies...it was so amazing to see those videos at that moment!!

Noon - Lunch arrives in our room, along with those lip-smacking pineapple shakes from the night before!

1:30 PM - My hair is done! Thank you Emilie and Beth!!!





1:45 PM - Time to start make-up! Shoot...Miao was right, we ARE running out of time!



2:20 PM - The room is getting more and more crowded...Lizzy, our flower girl is here. My mom and Yiqi have come. The photographer is running around. I need to get my dress on! Emilie and Beth help me with the back, a corset-type dress, while different bridesmaids take turns holding my arms to keep me from falling over backwards while some major tugging is happening behind me. The dress is on!







Now, let's see... Shoes. Check.



Rings. Check.



Bracelet. Check.



Earrings. Check.



Meanwhile, Haike gets ready in another room...



3:00 PM - Everyone's ready! Someone, at some point, chose a place for Haike and I to meet once we were ready. I wait for him in anticipation...what will he think? Am I beautiful? It is such a perfect moment - Haike comes and we finally get to spend a moment together, preparing for this so-important day. We are ready. We are at peace in this moment. We are eager.





3:30 PM - Group photos start. We walk all around the resort - to one pool, to a swing, to another pool, to the bridge, to the playground, to the main building. All the while, Lindsey follows close behind holding the back of my impossibly-long dress. Laura comes prepared with my powder and lipstick which the bridesmaids help me to apply when the heat of the day becomes overwhelming. Our Chinese friends are never too far; taking pictures and singing songs. Our two photographers and one videographer are everywhere at once...they capture the most beautiful moments of the day.















Pipe cleaners in the bouquets - I love this!



Our beautiful flower girl, Lizzy...



5:18 PM - The ceremony begins.

3 comments:

Shockr said...

Congratulations! :-) Awesome pictures.

Sara said...

So beautiful photos! And of course a beautiful couple :)

Chan said...

So sweet