Saturday, February 27, 2010

It's Not David's Bridal...

While my mom was in Tianjin we took a few afternoons to go wedding dress shopping in Tianjin. The first afternoon was 'interesting' and would be perfect if you like this kind of dress...

We found these at a very large market where one floor is dedicated completely to wedding attire and hideous decorations. I don't even know how to describe the bright purple, balloon-covered arches with fake flowers hot glue-gunned all over them. Or the very large tier of shot glasses that are intended to be used as some sort of symbolic visual when the bride and groom pour champagne into the top glasses until they overflow into the lower connecting ones. My cup runneth over?

The second day we hit the wedding dress jackpot! We found a small wedding boutique that caters to more Western styles. I tried on several dresses and eventually showed them a picture of my ideal dress to which they said, "No problem...we can make that for you." Yay! Of course I'm not going to show you that dress right now :) but I will show you another necessity for dress shopping in China - don't forget your long johns!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

YAY! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY

Linds said...

I think you should go with the pink flamenco dress in the back right of that picture. It would be fabulous! ;)

Mom said...

You forgot to mention the bucket of fish sitting on the floor by the dresses in one of the shops. :) (Someone's dinner I assume.) Definitely NOT David's Bridal....