Wednesday, February 13, 2008

90 Degree Weather, Anyone?

Okay, really I am sorry to rub it in but I am leaving for Chiang Mai, Thailand tomorrow and for the week I will be there it is looking to be sunny with 89-93 temps during the day!
The main purpose of the trip is for my organization, Jian Hua Foundation's, annual conference. A friend and I decided to go a few days early, though, so we are planning on spending time walking around the night market, sitting by the pool, eating lots of good Thai food, and basically enjoying our last week of freedom before classes start up again. I won't be posting this next week but I will try to get some pictures up as soon as I get back - before I am bogged down with grading again!
I included a few maps for those of you who are like me and are geographically challenged. The one on the top shows where Thailand is located in proximity to China - it is the puce green color that is south of China. Did I just use the color puce green as a description?!?! The map to the right shows Thailand and maybe you are able to see near the top where it says Chiang Mai. It is a very tourist-friendly city so we should be able to get around fairly well, despite the language barrier.

A side note - I just passed the 6 month mark of being in China. Can you believe it? I've been here for 6 months already! It's one of those strange phenomena where I feel like the time is going quickly, yet I look back on all of the things I've done in the last 6 months and it feels like I've been here a lot longer than that! I am extremely thankful that I have so much support from all of you back home. :)

I'll write again in a week to tell you about my trip - Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments: