
I just finished reading a book called, "The Good Women of China: Hidden Voices" and, wow, I can't think about anything else! The author is XinRan and I highly recommend that you read it if you have any interest in the stories of Chinese women. I will warn you...it is not an easy book to read, it is quite graphic and detailed but it will open up your eyes to...well, you should just read it! This is what one publication said about it:
This book "leads the reader on an anguishing journey of discovery and catharsis. What emerges from the tragedies that have lain silent all these years is awe for those women who survived the horrors of their past, grief for those who couldn't, and a reexamination of one's own place, identity, and emotional life."
If you get a chance to read it, let me know what you think!
1 comment:
Hi Shannon-this is Sheri, your Mom's friend. I am always looking for a good book to read, I will try and find this one. Sounds like you are happy and having an adventure! Looks like some cute guys in one photo, too! That is pretty crazy that you met someone who knows your family and Marshalltown.....Really enjoyed your blog, first time I have read it. Have fun with your Mom and post pictures. Do you have to wear a helmet on your bike or would that be weird there? Sheri
Post a Comment