I tried to find a poem or quote about waiting, about anticipation...
But why do they all make it seem like a negative thing?
I'm not one of those girls who has been planning her wedding since age 10,
Dreaming...yes. Waiting...yes. Hoping...definitely.
At 17 I started praying for him...for his health, his faith, his respect for me.
And then those prayers were answered...
All wrapped up in a box with the contents being so completely unexpected.
A surprise. Something I waited for.
So, why is it such a negative thing?
"Expecting is the greatest impediment to living.
In anticipation of tomorrow, it loses today. "
How do you suppose I'm losing today?
Just because I know that there are only 8 days left until I leave for Thailand...
14 days until I can publicly express my trust, my heart and my dreams to be shared with another?
Is that such a bad thing?
I don't think so...
Waiting... Anticipating... Hoping...
To me, it's the discovery of newness -
Not a replacement of self or the beginning of a new life,
But a symbol of joining two hearts with common dreams -
To make our sliver of the world just a little bit better.
To look beyond ourselves and acknowledge the silent pleas of those in pain.
To be an example of a true marriage, like the ones that have inspired me.
A cord of 3 strands is not easily broken.
So, I'm going to be the one to write a poem about anticipation, waiting...
....in a positive light.
I'm going to view it as an opportunity for growth, for hope, for newness.
Like cooking your favorite food and waiting for that first bite.
Like hiking to the top of a mountain and anticipating the view.
Like seeing your first ultrasound with excitement for what you are privileged to keep.
Like training, practicing, fine-tuning to see that end result.
My anticipation is real and true and burns through me.
I have not lost a single thing.
But why do they all make it seem like a negative thing?
I'm not one of those girls who has been planning her wedding since age 10,
Dreaming...yes. Waiting...yes. Hoping...definitely.
At 17 I started praying for him...for his health, his faith, his respect for me.
And then those prayers were answered...
All wrapped up in a box with the contents being so completely unexpected.
A surprise. Something I waited for.
So, why is it such a negative thing?
"Expecting is the greatest impediment to living.
In anticipation of tomorrow, it loses today. "
How do you suppose I'm losing today?
Just because I know that there are only 8 days left until I leave for Thailand...
14 days until I can publicly express my trust, my heart and my dreams to be shared with another?
Is that such a bad thing?
I don't think so...
Waiting... Anticipating... Hoping...
To me, it's the discovery of newness -
Not a replacement of self or the beginning of a new life,
But a symbol of joining two hearts with common dreams -
To make our sliver of the world just a little bit better.
To look beyond ourselves and acknowledge the silent pleas of those in pain.
To be an example of a true marriage, like the ones that have inspired me.
A cord of 3 strands is not easily broken.
So, I'm going to be the one to write a poem about anticipation, waiting...
....in a positive light.
I'm going to view it as an opportunity for growth, for hope, for newness.
Like cooking your favorite food and waiting for that first bite.
Like hiking to the top of a mountain and anticipating the view.
Like seeing your first ultrasound with excitement for what you are privileged to keep.
Like training, practicing, fine-tuning to see that end result.
My anticipation is real and true and burns through me.
I have not lost a single thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment