This past weekend was full of fun and laughter! On Friday night, I had some students over for dinner. First, we walked around campus taking pictures and then we started cooking! It took us about 2 hours to cook and then we feasted! The most challenging part was trying to figure out how to strategically place all 7 of us into my tiny kitchen. After dinner, we played cards - they reminded me how to play Mafia and I taught them Uno...they loved it! It's really a gift to get to know some of my students outside of class. Pictured above is Abby, Christina, and Joyce.
Pictured here is Abby and Si Wen is in black, she's the girl who is staying in Tianjin for a while to practice her English with me.

Saturday, Si Wen and I went to Wuqing - a suburb of Tianjin to meet a guy named, Luke. When people say it is a small world, it is so true! Luke works for Emerson (Fisher Controls) here in China and he has traveled to Marshalltown for business at the Emerson plant located in my hometown! Last summer he met my dad, step-mom and some of our friends! So, he invited me to meet him and hang out for the day. We ate lots of good food, played some pool, and even rode on bumper cars!
In these two pictures you'll see Luke beside me,
and his roommate, Bob, on the other side of theEmerson sign. The motorbike to the right was our form of transportation in Wuqing - I think they called it a 3-wheel; for obvious reasons.
It was a great weekend and now I'm looking forward to some Thanksgiving celebrations coming up this next weekend! :)
3 comments:
woah! Definately a small world! :D It's kind of neat the way things happen sometimes! I really enjoying reading your blogs and also the pictures are amazing! Glad you are doing well! I've been keeping you in my prayers! :D
Shannon, nice to hear that you are doing well. I like the stories that you tell which allows us all to see the Chinese people through your eyes. Keep up the good work.
Doug Pauls
Hi Shannon,
I finally took time to figure out how to send messages to you - sorry it's been so long! I saw that your SECOND favorite aunt had been on here already and I couldn't let her out do me. I've enjoyed reading your blogs and I'm so proud of everything you are doing over there. You are such a wonderful person, I guess you really do take afer me! We miss you here and wish we could see you. It won't be long and your mom will be there - she really would travel to the ends of the world for you girls! I love you and will look forward to talking to you soon! Karen
Post a Comment